BREAKING: RMT to ballot Night Tube workers for strike action
The union accuses LUL of:
• not consulting or negotiating with RMT over reduced staffing levels within Fleet
• breaching the union’s agreement on Night Tube and failing to recruit adequate additional staff to cover this work
• actively attacking RMT reps for carrying out their trade union duties
• not following the correct process when seeking to change rosters
• removing a long and established practice of ‘phone in days’ throughout fleet without agreement.
RMT general secretary Mick Cash said: “LUL management have gone back on agreements over the Night Tube and staffing levels and actively attack our reps for carrying out union duties.
“RMT members and the union will not stand by while an intransigent management attempts to ride roughshod over Tube workers. That is why we are balloting our fleet staff members for industrial action.
“The union remains available for talks.”
- Like this story? You can support our work herehttp://www.union-news.co.uk/support-us/